Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ozonated liquid material compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak28

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After reading a few publications and especially this one: View attachment THE EFFECTS OF DISSOLVED OZONE ON THE CORROSION BEHAVIOR.pdf I realize ozonated water is more damaging to materials immersed in it than exposing that material to the actual gas. No metal can withstand ozonated water without undergoing substantial damage even the protective layer stainless steel forms at the surface eventually gives way to corrosion. Polymers are my concern and the publications I read did not cover them. Whats the compatibility of polymers in concentrated O3ed water? I would appreciate any appropriate publications.

Thank you.

Last edited:

After reading a few publications and especially this one: View attachment 147313 I realize ozonated water is more damaging to materials immersed in it than exposing that material to the actual gas. No metal can withstand ozonated water without undergoing substantial damage even the protective layer stainless steel forms at the surface eventually gives way to corrosion. Polymers are my concern and the publications I read did not cover them. Whats the compatibility of polymers in concentrated O3ed water? I would appreciate any appropriate publications.

Thank you.

Search " migration of volatile degradation products into ozonated water from plastic packaging".

Search " migration of volatile degradation products into ozonated water from plastic packaging".

Good thing they yielded junk within FDA permissible limits. No material survivability and mechanical results were published, do you suppose this is because they incured no damage?

compatibility of polymers in concentrated O3ed water
Actually asking about saturated solution (≈100 mg/l) ? Usual water sterilization concentrations as discussed in the quoted article are far below. What's your application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back