Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plotting the transient noise distribution in virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I did a transient simulation on the VQ-QB voltage of an SRAM cell, using transient noise of frequency 1-300MHZ with 10 multiple runs. I want to plot only the transient noise itself (that affected the Q and QB separation point in each run of the 10 multiple ones), how can I do that?
thanks

I do not think it is supported per se. You could however

* create a replica of the cell and omit those transistors/what-have-you from the noise analysis (in the transient statemnet). That gives you the "ideal" characteristics and can take the difference between them.
* create an ocean script and simulate over the two scenarios (transient with noise and a transient without noise). Save the intermediate outputs and then take the difference.
* run a parametric sweep over a variable nScale or whatever name that you entry in the transient definition and let it sweep from 1e-31 (cannot handle 0) to 1 in two steps and take the difference after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back