Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ltspice hierarchical circuit error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkongjong

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using LTspice to create a hierarchical block for a custom circuit. I keep getting the error.

image1 shows error

I tried debugging the problem and everything in the symbol seems correct. The symbol is associated with my schematic.

image2 shows debug

image1.pngimage2.png

everything in the symbol seems correct

Hard to know what is happening without additional information, besides the reported error itself. If the project file is not a confidential secret at all, why not share it here so that someone can try to replicate the error?

I can see that the complaint is about a missing block
called "memory" and the navigation window shows you
looking at "Memory". Couldn't say whether LTSpice is
case sensitive but the filesystem probably is. Something to
check.

I don't understand what your problem is. You can instantiate the symbol and connect it. Apparently a correct net list is generated.

The best way to post Ltspice projects is to zip all required files.

Attachments

• test.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 112

Hi

I have attached the zip file.

Thanks

Attachments

• files.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 113

I have attached the zip file.
The same .asc and .asy is already attached in my post. But you didn't show a circuit importing the Memory symbol. What's your problem at all?

Hi

If you look at the second picture of the first post you will see the symbol is mapped to a circuit. I am not sure how to make the circuit import the memory symbol. I just followed the steps for creating a hierarchical block. The error says missing schematic of hierarchy. Not sure why it is missing.

Thanks

Why don't you start with the test circuit in post #5? The simulation runs with no errors.

Hi

Okay the circuit in post 5 works. Please explain what you did so I know what to do in the future.

Thanks

Hi

Disregard last post. I forgot to put the test in the same directory. That is why there was an error.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back