Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gcc is not recognized as an internal or external command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daljeet12

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am trying to install gcc compiler I have downloaded and installed MinGW on windows 10. When I check program it give error

Code:
Command :gcc -o test test.c

program

Code C - [expand]
#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
  printf("Hello world!");
  return 0;
 }

Error
gcc is not recognized as an internal or external command
I guess the error cause of path variable. I edited path variable C:\MinGW\bin

I searched on the google but I couldn't resolve error. Anyone can help me

How did you add this path, are you sure you did it correctly ? Instead of edit it, try appending a new entry to the current path content by the following DOS line command:

Code:
set PATH=C:\MinGW\bin;%PATH%

Code:

I appropriate your help andre_teprom. This command works but now facing problem with jdk. when I type command javac in command line it give message on screen but now If I type javac it give error javac is not recognized as an internal or external command

I have installed latest version of jdk and eclips oxygen IDE for java but I guess I think there is problem with path variable.

What is correct path for jadk ?

Likewise, you should add Java path to the environment variables, something like this:

Code:
set path=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk<current_java_version>\bin;

Check on your program files directory for the correct java subdirectory folder name, and replace on the above command line.

How did you add this path, are you sure you did it correctly ? Instead of edit it, try appending a new entry to the current path content by the following DOS line command:

Code:

I observed one thing, if i restart the system and after that I type Command :gcc -o test test.c it give the error. gcc is not recognized as an internal or external command.

I am following this video for javahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp6uS7CmivE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back