Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High power Solar charging topologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaisou11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii...

I just wondering, which typologies are best for high power solar charging related application?

Suppose, I have 480Ah rated battery and want to charge it at a rate of 60A, What topology should I use?

Also, I have found lots of 20A Ics from Linear Technologies and Texas Instruments, but is it a good way to cascade three chargers in parallel and get 60A output?

Also, in several places I had seen a micro-controller and PWM to charge battery. I want to eliminate micro-controller, Is it necessary for charging a battery with higher Amp hour rating?

Thanks.

12V, 60A it is well achievable with one converter only, no need for parallel. What is the input voltage?

if it's a straight buck converter then 60A is do-able, but 2 x 30A probably easier, if you need buck & boost - then Sepic or push-pull fwd converter with appropriate turns ratio may be required ...

Status
Not open for further replies.