Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Downlaod odb++ viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
Do you know where we can downlaod an free odb++ viewer?

This site

**broken link removed**

wont let us log in..clicking "login" doenst do anything..............and wont let us register because it says email address is already on the system

I was led to these two:

MentorGraphics\Valor\ODB++_Viewer\odbviewer_100
Valor\VUV\vuv

I had a better time with the Valor viewer.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The Mentor viewer is an updated! (broken) version of the Valor viewer, luckily I have the Valor viewer from before Mentor bought Valor out. Cam350 and other Gerber front end programs can also import ODB++

T

Thanks, we have now downloaded the Mentor ODB++ viewer.
However, it doesn’t allow the colors of layers to be changed.....at least i managed to change them, but then they changed themselves again without me doing anything. Do you know whats wrong?

I think odb++ is awful.
Is there anyway of converting from odb++ to gerber?...our pcb guy is on holiday.
GC Prevue is much better than odb++ for viewing gerbers.

There are other free ODB++ viewers out there. Take a look at ViewMate

T

ODB++ is a million timers better than Gerber, once you set your system up you just produce the data and send it out, just because the viewer is limited don't blame the format go out and get better software...
I have never had any problems with the Valor viewer or ODB++ data and have used it for years (possibly 15 years at least), all the data is there, the drill data, assembly data everything, far superior to Gerber and Excellelon files on their own.
If your just viewing data what do you want to look at, if your Gerber or ODB++ data is wrong then your processes are crap and need sorting, I use a full CAM350 and do all the manufacturing checks so that my data has been DRCed in the Cad package and DFMed in the Cam package.

T

Thanks, in the odb++ viewer we cant even set the color of layers..eg top copper to red.

You can try for free StarTest JTAG Manager. It also works like a CAD viewer and reads ODB++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back