Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Import a layout from Encounter to Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmoud_Dagher

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a layout implemented in Encounter and I want to import it in Cadence Virtuoso to run on Calibre DRC, LVS, PEX.
I have the layout as a GDS file and I imported the tech library I use NangateOpenCellLibrary 45nm and I have its map file.
When I import, I use file-> import-> stream , and load the gds file then specify (NangateOpenCellLibrary) as the library name.

But when I check it, it says the drf files are not merged and many metals and layers are not defined.

Most probably I'm missing something while importing, please tell me how exactly I can import the layout into Virtuoso?

there is the std cell library and then there is tech library. I believe you are mixing them up.

If the only reason to go to Virtuoso is to run Calibre, try running Calibre from the command line. Find out where Virtuoso is looking for the Calibre files and check for __runset__ (two underscores on either side). I think the command would be something like "$CALIBRE_HOME/bin/calibre -gui -drc __runset__ -batch". (For LVS and PEX, use -lvs or -pex instead of -drc.)

This may not work if your setup has pre- or post-triggers wrapped around Calibre. You may also need to edit __runset__ to have your layout name if it is normally passed in.

I found it way easier to use DEF files for file exchange between Innovus (encounter successor) and virtuoso, try it out!

I found it way easier to use DEF files for file exchange between Innovus (encounter successor) and virtuoso, try it out!

I have seen many bugs with the defout command. Some metal patches are removed, some are discarded, etc. I would not recommend using that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back