Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need hardware suggestion for Live streaming using camera project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushant_21

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
This is sushant. i need to do one project, the following are requirements
1. i need to interface video camera with micro controller, i will be using video camera driver/decoder.
2. i need to upload video frame continuously on PC, for connectivity with PC i am considering Ethernet. there was suggestion for USB but i think for long duration USB will be unreliable.
3. i need to show video output on VLC or media player ( real time output/video streaming).
4. i am considering cortex m3 or m4 controller to use .

i just need to know if above requirement doable with micro controller, or i need to use processor ?
also can i send video frame from Ethernet to PC and show live data on media player and what will be procedure for this ?

any other suggestion are much welcome

one of considered Video camera decoder brief

Thanks in advance
Sushant

You did not specify the application intended for that camera, but generically speaking, for image streamming, I would consider a hardware platform that supports any powerful OS, since as a rule the drivers for both USB cameras and many protocols over ethernet are somewhat standard. There are cheap Raspberry options with Linux distro available.

You did not specify the application intended for that camera, but generically speaking, for image streamming, I would consider a hardware platform that supports any powerful OS, since as a rule the drivers for both USB cameras and many protocols over ethernet are somewhat standard. There are cheap Raspberry options with Linux distro available.

Thanks for reply andre and your thoughts

The purpose is like to build endoscope or bore scope equipment. i really dont wanna go for rashpberry, i was looking for high end controller, i would like to stick with controller if there is necessity of processor i would like to use NXP or texas instruments or anyother. i have to understand all the parts before development.

i think the controller or processor part will just be to take data from camera decoder and transfer it to PC. i will need to know the process speed and data size, so that i can check for controller.

Salaam
I could suggest you a solution.

You can use Video Decoder such as TW9912 or ADV7182A with imx RT1050 NXP Processor to grab video from analog camera and transfer to a computer by USB port.
In this solution, it seems that you build a web camera that grabs the video stream from every camera that you connect. For this solution, you can use their Evaluation boards to proof the concept easily.

It is a common solution.
Best Regards.
Oveis

Hi,
2. i need to upload video frame continuously on PC, for connectivity with PC i am considering Ethernet. there was suggestion for USB but i think for long duration USB will be unreliable.

Sushant

Dear Sushant,
You have mentioned that using USB port could be unreliable. could you please tell me the reason?

You have mentioned that using USB port could be unreliable. could you please tell me the reason?
In the specific case of Raspberry above mentioned, the Linux based Raspian operating system supports command line cycling the power (shutting down/up) of the USB interface from its communication chipset, which in most cases solves many USB locking problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.