+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Timing Sign off from Primetime

I am using Primetime for sign off of my ASIC , i am doing my eco fixes in PT ,but unable to write out a changes script for cadence innovus/encouter tool

any who has done this please write how to write out a Encouter/Innovus Script for ECO Changes from Synopsys Primetime Tool ?

•   Alt11th June 2018, 14:38

advertising

Advanced Member level 4

Helped
    222 / 222
    Level

Re: Timing Sign off from Primetime

First, let me say I am not sure this functionality is possible, encounter is meant to work with its own STA engine. I am sure you can create the scripts yourself, but that would be a lot of work.

Second, why are you using the ECO flow for? To fix timing? That is almost always a bad idea.
    Really, I am not Sam.

•   Alt11th June 2018, 16:54

advertising

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

It is sure that Industry uses PT as sign off tool and Physical Design Tool is Cadence Encounter /Innovus . So it is sure that there a method to take PT Script to innovus /encounter of cadence, I am not sure about the method, I am just asking anybody who has done this , please help

•   Alt11th June 2018, 17:52

advertising

Advanced Member level 4

Helped
    222 / 222
    Level

Check this link, it might be helpful. The guy is essentially doing ECO by hand http://tech.tdzire.com/timing-eco-flow-with-examples/

Again, I think you should understand the goal of this exercise before going down the rabbit hole. PT works with ICC. Innovus works with Tempus. In the newer technology nodes you care a lot about convergence, leaving Innovus to do STA in PT is asking for trouble.
    Really, I am not Sam.

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

It is understood that there is script which convert the PT Script for ECO Changes to Innovus Format . If anyone has it , please share .

--[[ ]]--