Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Timing Sign off from Primetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

sreejinair

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Primetime for sign off of my ASIC , i am doing my eco fixes in PT ,but unable to write out a changes script for cadence innovus/encouter tool

any who has done this please write how to write out a Encouter/Innovus Script for ECO Changes from Synopsys Primetime Tool ?

First, let me say I am not sure this functionality is possible, encounter is meant to work with its own STA engine. I am sure you can create the scripts yourself, but that would be a lot of work.

Second, why are you using the ECO flow for? To fix timing? That is almost always a bad idea.

It is sure that Industry uses PT as sign off tool and Physical Design Tool is Cadence Encounter /Innovus . So it is sure that there a method to take PT Script to innovus /encounter of cadence, I am not sure about the method, I am just asking anybody who has done this , please help

Check this link, it might be helpful. The guy is essentially doing ECO by hand https://tech.tdzire.com/timing-eco-flow-with-examples/

Again, I think you should understand the goal of this exercise before going down the rabbit hole. PT works with ICC. Innovus works with Tempus. In the newer technology nodes you care a lot about convergence, leaving Innovus to do STA in PT is asking for trouble.

It is understood that there is script which convert the PT Script for ECO Changes to Innovus Format . If anyone has it , please share .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back