Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-Po Coulomb Counter Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All.

I need to monitor the Battery state (charge remaining) in my project. I found some Coulomb Counter IC available. But my design have Microcontroller so can anyone advice how to implement the Coulomb Counter with MCU ADC?

Also is there any Charge Controller (For Li-Po Single Cell) with built-in Coulomb Counter?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

with avr mcu and ADC u can monitor battery state.
and tell about battery? what is ur charge current ?

Hi,

But my design have Microcontroller so can anyone advice how to implement the Coulomb Counter with MCU ADC?
There are a lot of documents and application nots available in the internet. They give you more detailed informations than we can give here in a forum thread.I recommend to read through them. And if you need help on a specific detail feel free to ask it here.

Generally:
Coulomb is charge, Charge is measured in As. As means Amperes x seconds.
Thus if you do a current (A) measurement every second (s) .... and add the values up (sum, integrate) then you get the charge in As.
Mind that the current measurement should give the average value of the past second. Thus consider to use an appropriate analog low pass filter.

Also is there any Charge Controller (For Li-Po Single Cell) with built-in Coulomb Counter?
Look at selection guides of charge controller IC manufacturers or distributors.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.