Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Program for PWM of Resonant DC DC buck converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shomikc

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

Can anyone please help me find a program to generate PWM for a ZVS resonant buck converter? The switching frequency I am looking for is 100 kHz. Which PIC controller should I select.

Thanks and Regards,
Shomik

Most of resonant converters are frequency modulated (controlled) not by PWM.
ZVS is a mode of switching that depend of load, frequency and converter switch capacity (Coss), can't be controlled by a PWM.
From resonant converters, most used seem to be LLC; depending of your application may be or not most suited.

It depends on what you call a resonant converter.

Generally I agree that most topologies that are properly resonant are frequency regulated. However you'll see the buzzword 'resonant' applied pretty widely and often to any topology that can soft-switch. And there are many topologies that can soft switch (for at least some conditions) that are fixed frequency and/or PWM controlled.

shomikc there is a lot more information you'd need to give to get useful help. What specific topology, isolated or non-isolated, input/output voltages and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back