Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to determine RF Noise power in PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuyee

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have little knowledge for RF circuit design.
Please enlighten me regarding the type of testing which I can determine the noise power in the PCB?

Thanks

Regards,
Yuyee

Is this question related to electromagnetic compatibility or what does "noise power" mean here?

Hi Volker,
I would like to calculate how much power received signal is needed based on the noise power (if noise level is greater than received signal then the received is not working), in addition, SNR can also be calculated. Therefore, I need to know the noise power at first..
Can anyone enlighten me please

If you want to do it by hand, you need to learn about calculating noise temperature.

If you want to do it by computer, there are noise tools in ADS/AWR where you can use noise circles to calculate the behavior of your circuit(although u may need the non-linear model of your DUT)

They way WE do it is to measure receiver threshold. Send a modulated signal into the receiver. Then gradually add microwave insertion loss until the bit error rate goes up unacceptably. THAT is your receiver threshold power level....the transmitted power hitting the receiver after the added attenuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back