Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence lint error: CLKDMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam26

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am doing LINT analysis using cadence HAL. The below mentioned error is generated:
halstruct: *E,CLKDMN Signal from clock domain '%s' is crossing into domain of clock '%s' at flip-flop '%s' without proper synchronization

params HAL {gated_clock_domain_same_as_master="yes"} is set as clock gated output is synchronous to the master clock in our design.

Is there a way to inform the tool about the synchronous relationship between the gated clock outputs?

Please help me with the above mentioned query.

Regards,
Sam

Is there a way to inform the tool about the synchronous relationship between the gated clock outputs?

Ideally you should be searching through the HAL reference manual.

Hi,

I am doing LINT analysis using cadence HAL. The below mentioned error is generated:
halstruct: *E,CLKDMN Signal from clock domain '%s' is crossing into domain of clock '%s' at flip-flop '%s' without proper synchronization

params HAL {gated_clock_domain_same_as_master="yes"} is set as clock gated output is synchronous to the master clock in our design.

Please help me with the above mentioned query.

Regards,
Sam

Not sure if there is a way to pass the intent to the tool. The alternative is to mute this specific error, a practice that is very common with HAL.

Thank you for the response.

The user manual mentions the below:
params HAL {gated_clock_domain_same_as_master="no"|"yes"}

When this parameter is set to yes, HAL considers the clock generated from clock gating to be of the same domain as that of its master clock. If this parameter is set to no, then this will be considered as clock only if it is acting as a clock for some latch/flip-flop and domain of this clock is considered to be different than that of its master clock.

However, the clock is not considered to be of the same domain as that of its master when the parameter is set to "yes".

Kindly let me know if there are any other settings in hal.def file which needs to be set for the above mentioned parameter to be effective.

Regards,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back