Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Data acquisition hardware for a ~50 kHz signal to import it to PC/do FFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As the title says, I have FMCW system and it outputs single-ended IF signal, frequency ranges from 1 kHz to 50 kHz (and a sync). Now, I want to capture it on PC, import it to Matlab and do an FFT or have an MCU do FFT. Now, my web searching skills clearly fail me because all I get are expensive "data loggers" and DAQs as such but I need something simple and efficient. I know I could build ADC+MCU that will do FFT but designing that will take much longer.

So, I guess, my question is: what inexpensive hardware can I use to capture 1 kHz-50 kHz signals?

Hi,

The cheapest maybe is an audio ADC.
There some with 192 kHz sampling rate. But usually (and unfortunately) they will use an LPF with something about 20...25kHz. Check datasheet on max frequency range.

But there are many IO cards and USB scopes.

But before you select one you should decide your specifications.
Now we know just the frequency.
But you need: voltage range, waveform, expected sampling frequency, number of channels, resolution, filters, interface .. and so on.

Klaus

The cheapest maybe is an audio ADC.
There some with 192 kHz sampling rate. But usually (and unfortunately) they will use an LPF with something about 20...25kHz. Check datasheet on max frequency range.
Usually the filter cut-off frequency of the audio adc is about 0.45 fs. You need 120 kHz fs for 50 kHz bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back