Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

800-1200 MHz LPDA Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

strotta

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!

I am designig a RF Tracker (basically a small radar). For this I need make a very directional Antenna (and small).

I tried with a PCB Patch Array but the S11 is very narrow (is only matched to specific frequency).

A teacher suggest me to build a PCB LPDA. With this I achieved more BW but the S11 presents a lot of variation.

I attached a photos.

S11 - Patch.JPGS11 - LPDA.JPG

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Santiago

Doesn't like a reasonably designed and matched LDPA. -10 dB (magnitude 0.3) or better -20 dB should be feasible, particularly for the intended small frequency range. Even a regular yagi antenna should perform better over the 0.8 to 1.2 GHz range.

Hi!

I can achieve a good response to specific frequencies with the LPDA but I need a similar response between 800-1200MHz.
I adjust the elements to zoom in these "notch responses" but fails because when the response of a element is close to each other there are phase problems.

I need to know if is possible achieve a good and similar response with this antenna made in a PCB.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back