Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Design IR Receiver Module - like tsop1738 internal circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mettiblack72

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I want to design internal tsop1738 circuit .... please help!
AGC + Bandpass filter + demodulator + ....
thanks

Hi,

first you have to decide your specifications for:
* the light filter
* the photodiode
* the AGC
* the bandpass filter
* the demodulator
* the desired output signal

Klaus

Hi
* I use dark plastic for light filtering
* I use this for transmit and receive
* I don't know about AGC
* I use high pass filet + low pass filter to create bandpass filter
* I think npn is used for demodulator
* I want digital logic level to read with microcontroller

thanks for your reply

Attachments

• ir-transmitter-and-receiver-pair-sensor-500x500.jpg
    ir-transmitter-and-receiver-pair-sensor-500x500.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 136

Hi,

* I don't know about AGC
If you don´t know ... how do you think you can design it?

BTW: A picture of a device doesn´t replace a technical specification.
You need bandwidth (optical and electrical), sensitivity, voltages, currents, timings.....

Klaus

Why not use a real TSOP1738?

If you really want to re-invent the wheel, you need an amplifier, bandpass filter centered on 38KHz, a rectifier to derive an input signal level and feedback to the amplifier to control it's gain (AGC) then a low pass filter to remove the 38KHz then finally a comparator to recover the original envelope shape.

Brian.

Hi ,

- My project is obstacle detection with IR sensor (I shouldn't use IR Receiver module in receiver side)
- distance is about 3m
- I decide to design receiver side in detail , Is it correct decision for this project ?

thank a lot

Hi,

TSOP1738 is for data transmission.

Please explain how you want to make obstacle detection ... with a similar design?

Klaus

Hi,

TSOP1738 is for data transmission.

Please explain how you want to make obstacle detection ... with a similar design?

Klaus

Hi,

- In transmit side I use this circuit , Because I don't need data processing I delete AND gate and produce PWM pulse (f = 40kHz) to mosfet gate

- and now I should receive this pulse in receiver side

thanks a lot

TSOP1856 will probably do the job.

It is designed for 56kHz, but will receive 50kHz happily at short ranges (about half the range compared to 56kHz)

I would use that.

Designing your own receiver is a difficult thing to do, and likely to result in a worse receiver than standard TSOP1856.

EDIT: or are you using 40kHz carrier? Your diagram shows 50 kHz, but your text states 40kHz - very confusing.

If you are using 40kHz, then the choice is very obvious.... TSOP1840 or some equivalent that can handle continuous transmission (many IR receivers only handle limited bursts of data - see datasheets).

Status
Not open for further replies.