Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selection of the Boost converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prem Arjun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am in search of a boost converter(step-up) whose output is going to the batteries.
I came across LTC3769 and LTC3814-5 which are little close for my application. I couldn't able to select among these two.
If anyone has any prior knowledge about these or with any other better converters please let me know.

Specifications are:
Vin:6-30/40V
Vout:44-48V
Iout:3-5A

Please find the attachment of the above converters Data sheets.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 3769fa.pdf
    437.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 38145fc.pdf
    357.4 KB · Views: 106

Hi,

whose output is going to the batteries
This sounds as you should look for a buck charger IC.

Usual buck converters are for constant voltage output, which is not useful for a battery charger.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for your response Klaus.
I am using a 42V battery(l.4V, 30 batteries connected in series). So I need a boost converter itself.

Your specs ask for 200W from a 6V supply. Thus it needs to provide Ampere levels upwards of 30A. It won't be easy to do this. Parasitic resistance needs to be so low that it is an unrealistic expectation.

Can you connect a clip to the middle of your battery stack? Then you could charge it in two sessions which is an easier task for your 6V supply. Or divide the stack into 3 sessions, or 5 sessions, etc.

It is important that you are able to locate a bad cell, or a bad connection. This is easier to do when you are charging fewer cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back