Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Output impedance of asymmetric differential pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jjx

I realize that asco only supports optimization in single analysis. I mean it could not optimize the circuit both in TRAN and AC. All the other tutorial examples only optimize in single analysis domain.

Or did I setup the sp and cfg files incorrectly ?

Note: I have updated below the measurement section in inv.cfg due to some syntax bug

Code:
# Measurements #
P_SUPPLY:---:MIN:0
ROUT:OUT:GE:1000
#

@jjx

I have solved the ASCO problems with a simple CMOS inverter. Now I am coming back to solve the ASCO optimization for output impedance of asymmetric differential pair.

1. How should I set the DC operating points for this asymmetric differential amplifier pair ?
2. For DC analysis, should I connect the IN and OUT to a feedback circuit which is the CMOS inverter in this case ?
3. Do I do the same for AC simulation for output impedance after determining the DC operating points ?

zqFCygR.png

NYJ6Jvk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.