Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

l6208pd sequence generation - stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilfred

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi... I have L6208PD, a stepper motor driver. Usually the stepper motor sequences (e.g. 0001, 0010, 0100, 1000) are given in program as per four input pins(INA1, INA2, INB1, INB2) present in driver and taken output from four output pins, this may lead to forward or backward continues steps and cause rotation. But in l6208 there present HALF/FULL, CLOCK, CW/CCW, RESET as logical inputs. The pins EN, and CONTROL are always high. How can i made clockwise or anticlockwise ROTATION of stepper motor using l6208pd driver?

As per datasheet, pins should be made high or low according to the preferred condition e.g. if halfstep clockwise direction is preferred, the pins CW and HALF should be high. Whether it causes full rotation or a single halfstep clockwise movement of stepper motor?

Thanks for your reply... my question is whether it causes full rotation for preferred condition or a single step for preferred condition

Hi,

read the L6208 datasheet.

Additionally go to the "l6208" page of www.st.com and look for the additional documents. Especially:
* RESSOURCES / Technical Documentation / Application notes
* RESSOURCES / Technical Documentation / Design Notes & Tips

Short answer: If you send enough pulses to the CLOCK pin, it will result in a full roation. How many pulses ... depend on stepper motor and driving mode.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back