Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In cadence, how to add clock signal in oscillator circuit and do the simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diego.fan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all

I wanna add a clock signal using "vpulse" in vco circuit. When I run 'pss'. It will show this error.

Error found by spectre during periodic steady state analysis `pss'.
ERROR (CMI-2208): `V3' is a periodic input signal, which is inconsistent with autonomous circuits.
Warning from spectre during periodic steady state analysis `pss'.
WARNING (SPECTRE-16518): Arithmetic exception in analysis `pss' .

Analysis `pss' was terminated prematurely due to an error.
modelParameter: writing model parameter values to rawfile.

It seems oscillators circuit cannot work together with clock signal.

Do you know how to fix it? Thanks

VCO's frequency never will be in phase with your clock's fundamental frequency. It is natural I think it can't find a soulution. Use simple transient to check step response, use DFT to see the spectrum. You can use pss to see its output distortion on a fix input voltage but that is all.

If you have placed this Vpulse source to trig the VCO, it won't work.You should use Vpwl source to excite the VCO.

Thanks! May I ask where to find the detailed help document of semi-autonomous QPSS analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back