Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PL to PS interrupt: how to access in ARM processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

hi.

i am using a parallella fpga (which got zynq processor), which dont have jtag port. i had a custom ip and had a interrupt port in the custom ip. how can i get that interrupt
in my arm processor. right now , i was getting the output of the reg value inside the arm using memory mapping.(mmap).
i found an interrupt port on in zynq processor. is there any way that i cam connect to the zynq processor and getting it access inside the arm processor (using memory mapping)to control some programs

any help is really appreciated

thanks and regards

Re: PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

What you need is PL to PS trigger.
The following description is related to the Zynq UltraScale+. Please check if it is adequate to the parallella's FPGA (don't know what Zynq is on your PCB).

Zynq UltraScale+ has PL to PS and also PS to PL triggers. You can do both to make a cross-trigger.

In block design double click on Zynq and point to PS-PL Configuration->PS-PL Cross-Trigger Interface(make it on)->Input Cross Trigger(input to the processor(s))->Input 0(make it on).
Also point to PS-PL Configuration->Debug->PS-PL Cross-Trigger Inputs->Cross-Trigger Input 0 (make it on).

Click OK and then you should see additional port TRIGGER_IN_0 on the block design.
You can define the behavior for this trigger in Debug Configuration window.

You can also read the following site for more information about cross-triggering:
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Xcell-Daily-Blog/Adam-Taylor-s-MicroZed-Chronicles-Part-232-Making-software/ba-p/822125

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: PL to PS interrupt:how to acess in arm processor

hi,
thanks for the replay niciki. i have a xc7z010 400g class 1 soc on my board . like other boards i dont have a usb jtag or serial cable . so i think i cant use sdk tools.
so i was using memory map functions to map the output of PL to PS and getting the value in my linux running on the sd card.
thanks and regards

Reactions: dipin

dipin

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back