Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IS this IP integration of ddr3 and pcie gen3 and nios 2 correct ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new to this altera stuff started working on s10 device.

I am showing you a screenshot consists of
1. Hard IP of pcie gen3 for s10
2. onchip mem
3. nios 2 processor
4. jtag uart
5. emif (ddr3)

I want first to access both onchip ram and ddr3 from nios eclispe sdk. and later i want to access those locations from computer via pcie .
something going wrong and unable to do read/write ocm and ddr from SDK. In both memories (2 bars) ,im able to access only ocm (bar0) from the computer driver and application code.
here also , there is one more issue . my ocm is 256 kb and ddr3 is 256mb but the command "dmsg" showing double the memory size i.e 512kb for ocm and 512mb for ddr3.

i want to know anything wrong with the soc integration in qsys platform designer. one can see that , im connecting ddr3 clock output and reset output connected to all other peripherals and im leaving pcie clock out unconnected.

regards,
Anil k

Attachments

• snapshot1.png
    snapshot1.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back