Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question on test set up for BLDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeenginee

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I am working with BLDC motor characteristic measurements. When we apply braking on the motor the motor kinetic energy turns into heat energy right? In this case, what can be used or what are the possibilities to cool that heat energy in test bench creation?

Thanks

Motors used in Braking systems in automotive

Hi everyone,

I would like to know what are the components or hardware (In creating the test set up or test bench) required to measure the BLDC motor performance?

thank you

Hi,

When we apply braking on the motor the motor kinetic energy turns into heat energy right?
How can we know?
There are systems that recover the energy and store it back to battery, others will generate heat.

Some industrial systems use the generated energy to heat water.
But it won´t be useful if you are talking about an RC car motor.

I would like to know what are the components or hardware (In creating the test set up or test bench) required to measure the BLDC motor performance?
What "performance" parameters do you want to measure?
Electrical, mechanical, audible noise, temperature rise, efficiency....

Klaus

How can we know?
There are systems that recover the energy and store it back to battery, others will generate heat.

Some industrial systems use the generated energy to heat water.
What "performance" parameters do you want to measure?
Electrical, mechanical, audible noise, temperature rise, efficiency....
Klaus

Thanks for the answering Klaus. Sorry, I thought i have mentioned the performance measurements type.
It is for electrical and mechanical parameters such as load current, torque, speed of the rotor etc.,

You told that there are some methods from which generated energy can be brought to heat water. Can you tell me if there are any devices or what methods can be made?

thanks

Hi

You talk about milliwatts, watts --> use a peltier
or megawatts --> use an absorption chiller

Klaus

Torque is measured by seeing how well your motor powers a physical load. This can be done by having it spin a propeller in liquid or air As you speed up, or increase burden, you also increase current draw. Somewhere on the curve is a 'hilltop' which gives you maximum torque.

Hi,

I would like to know what are the components or hardware (In creating the test set up or test bench) required to measure the BLDC motor electrical and mechanical performance for braking system applications in automotive?

thanks

Last edited:

Hi,

I would like to know what are the components or hardware (In creating the test set up or test bench) required to measure the BLDC motor electrical and mechanical performance for braking system applications in automotive?

thanks

Search on internet for " regenerative brake test rig- IRJET-archives". I was thinking of a flywheel setup and that seems to be the approach at that site.

Measurements bldc drive or motor

Hi professionals,

what are the functional tests for BLDC motor for braking systems to be done? And what type of run time measurements are to be done? what are the measurement instruments needed to check the electrical performance tests of BLDC motor in braking systems applications?

Thanks

Re: Measurements bldc drive or motor

First you need to create some simulations in the Simulink. You can try to search the simulation ready circuits in the database of the matlab website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back