Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] national semiconductor application note

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob_the_inductor

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm looking for the national semiconductor application note AN-115.
Can't find it online anymore.
Thanks

My guess is that this app note was pulled because it had bad or obsolete information? What's the context? Why are you looking for it?

I heard this application note deals with sin wave generation especially converting triangle signal to sin with diode or with special transistors topologies. I want to study/understand theses principles.

Hi,

I'm looking for the national semiconductor application note AN-115.
Can't find it online anymore.
Thanks

That app note puts it around 1975, the internet didn't exist back then, so it was never online to be removed. They used to publish all those app notes in a book, there is a (to be unnamed) site that someone must have scanned one of Nationals last AN books (1994) into a pdf (violating copyright), which is how I figured it's an AN from ~1975.

FYI the AN-115 is NOT in that version of the Linear Application Handbook.

I believe there's no harm in posting a scanned copy. I have AN-115 in a 1976 application note collection, Linear Applications Volume 2.

Attachments

• AN-115.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
converting triangle signal to sin with diode or with special transistors topologies. I want to study/understand theses principles.

Here is an example of this method. By varying the voltage going to the diodes, some middle position can be found which causes the diodes to create a reasonable semblance of a sinewave.

triangle wave converted to sine by diodes.png

One stage of diodes is not sufficient to properly trim the waveform so it is sinelike. Additional stages of diodes and resistors can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back