Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to de embedding a port in curved path in hfss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeedeh.talebi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need your help, i am designing an annular slot waveguide antenna in hfss, i want To excite it but waveport, for creating slot admitance plot the port should be de embedded, and the refrence should be middle of slot, my issue is that when i define a distance the hfss doesnt understand that my structure is curved and draw the vector straightforward. Do you friends have any solutions?

The visualization of the port de-embedding doesn't matter. All HFSS is doing is applying an exponential (exp(γ*d), where γ is the propagation constant of the mode(s) and d is the de-embedding distance that you enter). Just calculate the appropriate 'd' value and enter this.

The visualization of the port de-embedding doesn't matter. All HFSS is doing is applying an exponential (exp(γ*d), where γ is the propagation constant of the mode(s) and d is the de-embedding distance that you enter). Just calculate the appropriate 'd' value and enter this.

Thanks for yor reply
You mean that when i add excitation, and select de embedded,i should insert (exp(¥*d)) in distance?the value of d is constant and doesnt change, is the value of ¥ constant? I assume that my propagation is single mode.

You actually just specify d, the de-embedding distance. HFSS automatically inserts γ and computes the resulting phase.

Thanks for your help, but still i havent understood what shall i do, i copied “ exp(γ*20)” but HFSS put “?” instead of γ. I mean i even dont know how to write exp(γ*20) in hfss i copied from word, i will be really thankfull if help me i am really fresh in hfss. does hfss know the symbol γ or i shold addit in design properties,and how should i type a symbole in hfss, thanks your for kind supprot

Hi Saeedeh.talebi,

De-embedding is the process of undoing the effects of one of more propagation constants over a given distance. In HFSS, the software already knows the propagation constant, at each frequency. All you need to do is enter the de-embedding distance.

Dear
I couldn’t enter lambda in hfss, I know the value of d but I couldn’t enter lambda, and my project stoped here, would you please support me to pass this step, how should I enter lambda?

Hi Saeedeh.talebi,

As I explained in my previous post, all you need is the de-embedding distance. Why are you trying to include wavelength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back