Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MBUS (Meter Bus) Master Analog Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

firatdeveci

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I will work on MBUS master project in nowadays. I want to read 50 slave mbus calorimeters. Every meter has own battery.
So can you suggest me working master circuit about that?

Thanks!

Hello everyone.

I will work on MBUS master project in nowadays. I want to read 50 slave mbus calorimeters. Every meter has own battery.
So can you suggest me working master circuit about that?

Thanks!

Hi, I would recommend this small module because it can handle a wide range of wired slaves by accurately monitoring the load current and the other nice feature is the collision digital OP which flags any occurrences. I have designed mbus masters for small numbers of slaves, and prototyped others based on the lib-mbus opensource hardware. But I found this to be a good solution for the meter gateway we built.

Lib-mbus:
https://github.com/rscada/libmbus/tree/master/hardware
A crude technique for up to 6 slaves as far as I remember.

Solvimus module:
MBUS-M13-S
https://www.solvimus.de/m-bus-produkte/#c426
Costs we were quoted 47 Eur for 1.
24 Eur when you buy 126.
We bought large qtys at about 20 eur each.

They also have options to buy their source files and firmware and this was a few k eur when we checked. All prices were from 2017.
I have attached their datasheets FYI.

Attachments

• Solvimus - HWM_MBUS-M13_v107.pdf
    717.4 KB · Views: 318
  • Solvimus catalogue.pdf
    719.1 KB · Views: 358

EN 1434-3 has MBUS master reference schematics.

mbus.PNG

@davidjamesriding: Thanks. I know that small circuit but i dont think it can handle 50 slave modules. But i dont want to use another modules, i want to make it, not buy it.

@FvM: Very good reference for me. But there is lots of component on it but i will try.

If there is anything for me, please share.

Thanks and regards.

You should read the reference schematic as a suggestion how the MBUS specification requirements can be fulfilled. It may be possible to simplify the circuit or to use different implementation methods.

It depends on the objectives of your project. Is master circuit design a significant part, are you expected to design an original circuit on your own, is it acceptable to copy an existing circuit or to use a retail product?

You should read the reference schematic as a suggestion how the MBUS specification requirements can be fulfilled. It may be possible to simplify the circuit or to use different implementation methods.

It depends on the objectives of your project. Is master circuit design a significant part, are you expected to design an original circuit on your own, is it acceptable to copy an existing circuit or to use a retail product?

Hello i will make RS232/RS485/USB Modbus RTU / MBUS converter. This is small part of a big project. Because of that I can't use one of retail products, but i can use their MBUS circuit. I don't want to design original circuit, MBUS is already been here for years. I think there is some working circuits for 50-60 slaves or more.

After all searching i choose to not to make it.
Thanks evrybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.