Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If the rtl of adder is correct and instance declaration is correct and also ripple ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_above

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
There is an adder which is two input and each input is of width [7:0]. The tl of the adder is as below and please see if it is a correct code of an adder. Can the following instansiation of the adder is correct if we want to tie the b input at one ?

How can the synthesis tool be instructed to synthesize only a ripple carry adder when the rtl of the adder is only the following rtl?

Code:
adder adder1 (a, 1'b1, En, out);

RTL of the adder whose module name is adder

Code:
module adder (a,b,en,out);
always (a or b or en )
begin
out=0
case (En)
1'b1: out = A+B;
1'b0 out = 0;
end

I have been following all of your posts in the ASIC & FPGA sub-forums, so tell me something frankly.........

Why do you think members will give you synth. RTL code for free for the various C-style pseudo code you are posting?

In the FPGA sub-forum I have given you links to dwnld a Xilinx FPGA tool where you can verify whether an RTL is synth or not. Use that, do some work yourself!
If you don't know VHDL/Verilog, then learn it !

I have been following all of your posts in the ASIC & FPGA sub-forums, so tell me something frankly.........

Why do you think members will give you synth. RTL code for free for the various C-style pseudo code you are posting?

In the FPGA sub-forum I have given you links to dwnld a Xilinx FPGA tool where you can verify whether an RTL is synth or not. Use that, do some work yourself!
If you don't know VHDL/Verilog, then learn it !

Tried to register with Xilinx but it is not giving access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back