Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Infrared heater control board

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkt0011

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

First of all, I am apologize if I post in the wrong section. Please remove/move if the case.

I have 3 infrared heaters that exhibit the exact same problem. The front panel control and lights are not working. All the buttons on this panel do nothing when pressed. All the lights are off. However I can use the remote control (RF) to turn on the heater even though I can't see anything on the front panel. When pressing the power button on the remote I can hear a beep and I can use the temperature button (+/-) also on the remote to turn on/off the heater.

Brand: Heat Wave (or Athens) from Home Depot.
Model: WW13011
URL manual: https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/85/85a42a39-3dec-40af-9c83-70c291173dc5.pdf

Here's the picture to the front of the panel circuit board:
IMG_4196.jpg

Back of the circuit board:
IMG_4197-marked.jpg

The red marks are when I measure voltage between those two points. Same for all the LED legs.

Can anyone help me diagnose this board? I have a very limit understanding of electronic circuit.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

I'm not familiar with the model, there are no Home Depot outlets in my country but from your photographs it would seem there is another board in the heater that actually does the 'thinking' and the one you show is only to handle the display and switches. That narrows it down to two possibilities, either the board you show is faulty or it isn't communicating with the other board.

Can you try to read the number marked on the black IC on the copper side of the board please, or better still show a close up photograph so we can see if it has a manufacturers logo on it. The signal from the remote control receiver goes straight to the connector so it doesn't pass through that IC but everything else does.

Brian.

Thanks Brian for responding.

I look at the IC with magnifier and there is no information written on it. No mark at all or maybe it was removed. Thanks for the tip about how the signal from the remote goes straight to the other board. There is another board behind the heater inside I haven't looked at yet. I will remove that board to investigate. Since there is power to some section of the front circuit I thought the problem probably just here. I will check the other board and get back. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Hi,

First of all, I am apologize if I post in the wrong section. Please remove/move if the case.

I have 3 infrared heaters that exhibit the exact same problem. The front panel control and lights are not working. All the buttons on this panel do nothing when pressed. All the lights are off. However I can use the remote control (RF) to turn on the heater even though I can't see anything on the front panel. When pressing the power button on the remote I can hear a beep and I can use the temperature button (+/-) also on the remote to turn on/off the heater.

Brand: Heat Wave (or Athens) from Home Depot.
Model: WW13011
URL manual: https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/85/85a42a39-3dec-40af-9c83-70c291173dc5.pdf

Here's the picture to the front of the panel circuit board:
View attachment 146864

Back of the circuit board:
View attachment 146863

The red marks are when I measure voltage between those two points. Same for all the LED legs.

Can anyone help me diagnose this board? I have a very limit understanding of electronic circuit.

Thank you very much.

i have same issue which was fixed by replacing the power push button on the control panel after a period push button start malfunction

Fragrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back