Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Simulator and synthesis tool required

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_above

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anybody please provide links where FPGA synthesis tool and simulators are available and it can accept registration with personal email address and free of cost?

All the FPGA vendors provide free tools.

But that requires registration with a known company email address and not personal email address. The post was raised so that registration can be done by personal email address.

What about simulator license?

I think the problem is Xilinx won't accept a gmail/yahoo/etc account for signup. Don't know if this is the case with Altera/Microsemi/Lattice.

OP check each vendor, they all have a free version of their tool suite to use with their smaller parts.

The other option is to use a student email account if you have one to sign up on Xilinx's website.

But that requires registration with a known company email address and not personal email address. The post was raised so that registration can be done by personal email address.

What about simulator license?

Did you try it with a student email id? Which software are you trying to use? If you are using 3rd party vendors then u need to buy license and they are not free. But as Barry mentioned the common Xilinx and Altera(Intel) should be free.

I think the problem is Xilinx won't accept a gmail/yahoo/etc account for signup.
They accept any mail ID.

If you are not working, then just put some data there like, "abcd" in the Company field.

OP, you can download Xilinx from here after registration: https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

They accept any mail ID.

If you are not working, then just put some data there like, "abcd" in the Company field.

OP, you can download Xilinx from here after registration: https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

Should we download the below for RTL Synthesis?

Vivado HLx 2018.1: WebPACK and Editions - Windows Self Extracting Web Installer (EXE - 51.29 MB)

MD5 SUM Value : 5f395bec728c0caf23a748a58f985924

Can you please suggest any important step that may be a bottle neck to run the tool or also to download and how to take care of that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you please suggest any important step that may be a bottle neck to run the tool or also to download and how to take care of that?
Just do it! If you face any problems just Google for its solution.
Read the system requirements for the tool, which is available at Xilinx website for any doubts.

The Vivado Tool is an all-in-one IDE starting from RTL, synth to PnR/Impl.

Xilinx did not give the tool still probably for using personal email address.

Vivado HLx 2018.1: WebPACK and Editions - Windows Self Extracting Web Installer (EXE - 51.29 MB)

Hi,

one thing you should be aware is the lack of support for older devices families like for example Spartan6 or Spartan3.
If you use only new devices from 7 family it is a great tool ;)

Regards

Xilinx did not give the tool still probably for using personal email address.

What is the exact problem?
Are you not allowed to register (which should not be the case) or not allowed to download the tool?

There are some countries with which Xilinx does not allow to download tools. Check out Xilinx forums for details (your registration should be allowed, so you should be able to post your problem there).

I have a Xilinx ID for my personal projects done at home on my PC and is registered with my personal mail ID. I have renewed the node-locked licenses over the years and receive the new license file on this personal ID every time. You mail ID should not be an issue.

Are you not allowed to register (which should not be the case) or not allowed to download the tool?

I have a Xilinx ID for my personal projects done at home on my PC and is registered with my personal mail ID. I have renewed the node-locked licenses over the years and receive the new license file on this personal ID every time. You mail ID should not be an issue.

Hi,

I confirmed that, I have two Xilinx accounts, one for my job E-mail and second on private E-mail (on gmail.com) and I was able to register and download the software (either ISE or Vivado).

Regards

There are some countries with which Xilinx does not allow to download tools. Check out Xilinx forums for details (your registration should be allowed, so you should be able to post your problem there).

With gmail address used no link came from Xilinx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back