Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IOT device Bluetooth connection without pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha91

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am designing a system which require a Raspberry Pi to connect mobile phone nearby automatic. The mobile phone ID and bluetooth name is preset in Raspberry Pi.
The system need to avoid pairing manually. Rasberry Pi will scan devices nearby, once found the devices name that is matched with the name that saved in Pi, it will auto connect and wait for receiving data. Also the system require to connect multiple device at once if possible.
Base on my current research is that this require to preset the pairing device name into Raspberry Pi for connection in order to avoid pairing manually. And some info that i get is this require to use Bluetooth 4.x or smart bluetooth.
Is there anyone have more detail info on this that can guide me? If possible, let me know which bluetooth module should i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.