Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

parallelism and cross talk ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

what is the different between cross talk and parallelism ??

cross talk means two signals are running in parallel so one trace coupled with other trace so, cross talk occur right like that parallelism means what ??

In what context did you see the term parallelism used?

I've never seen it used in the context of cross talk. It is usually used when discussing multi-processor systems and multi-core processors, where parallelsim is used to allow things to work in parallel (i.e. at the same time).

If you saw it in context of cross talk then the individual that stated that is confused on the terminology.

See the definition of the terms:
parallelsim
crosstalk

i thing it is not related answer.

You could provide the source of the supposed information that both terms could be used to depict the same phenomen, perhaps the source may be wrong, or did you misunderstand it. Although traces in parallel interacts in a cross talk mutual interference, the term parallelism is not used in such context, at least as far as I know.

crosstalk means, we have two or more different type of signals and we routed in close proximity. they can talk to each other. means, they induce a parasitic capacitence between the signals and it reflect the signals strenghth and speed.

paralissam is same like that but small differnce is, its happening for adjacent layers when routed as paralell run.

thank you.

First of all, the term paralisam (not paralissam) does not have any use in PCB layout design; even its meaning has nothing to do with parallel(ism). It was never used in that context, at least in the professional or academic comunity. A simple Google search confirms that.

hi ,
sorry for the wrong spells. it has great importance to the high-speed PCB designs. might be reduces its speed and makes reflections issues.

paralissam is same like that but small differnce is, its happening for adjacent layers when routed as paralell run

First of all, the term paralisam (not paralissam) does not have any use in PCB layout design; even its meaning has nothing to do with parallel(ism). It was never used in that context, at least in the professional or academic comunity. A simple Google search confirms that.

it has great importance to the high-speed PCB designs

There is no discordance on the importance in accounting the cross talk effect in signal integrity analysis for high frequency applications; the original issue refers to OP using the term "parallelism" as if it were a common terminology in PCB layout design. Anyway, if you have references of the use of the term "parallelism" in the professional or academic scope of PCB layout design, please share with us, otherwise there is no useness on keeping this thread active.

[NOTE]

The forum system has messed up the chronology of posts because you deleted your message in that meantime I was replying to your post

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back