Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveguide port creation for Balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranjal123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I designed a microstrip tappered balun of bandwidth (0.4-2)GHz for feeding an archimedean spiral antenna at CST. But i found problem to define the ports for the balun. In my balun, there is a top and ground layer.

Firstly, i defined 4 ports(Port 1: Top layer input,,Port 2: Ground layer input,,Port 3: Top layer output,,Port 4: Ground layer output). But in simulation the result had error(erroe: port 1 & 2 have overlapping areas in mesh representation)

Then i defined 2 ports(Port 1: Top layer input,,Port 2: Ground layer output. But the simulation result is not desirable.

So,now how can i define the ports for balun.

What is the function of "Multiple Port" and "Define Pins" in the Mode settings of the Waveguide port chart??

Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.