Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877a not communicate with pickit2

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkates2218

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
image1.png
I'm using QFP-44 PIC16F877A SMD IC in my project.This is my circuit to communicate with PICKIT 2 to load the programs.When I tried to connect with PIC KIT it showing NO DEVICE found.But the same circuit with DIP type PIC16F877A ic.
Is their any issue with the circuit or something else.+5v and GND of board and PICKIT2 are connected together.

Please provide the solution to solve this issue.

You shouldn't really add a diode in series with MCLR but in most cases it should still work.

You are missing some signals from the Pickit 2. Either you need VPP from the Pickit connecting to MCLR on the 16F877A or you have to connect the PGM pin and use low voltage programming mode.

Brian.

Hi,

a lot of issues:
* not showing GND connection
* Not showing where PGD goes to
* Not showing where PGC goes to
* how is your circuit supplied?
* not showing capacitors at the supply pins

EAGLE issues:
* usually EAGLE places the junction dots automatically when routing the signals in the schematic. Why are they missing?
* There´s no need to show two independent "VDD" (or any other signal) pins within one symbol. If you connect them in the device you can´t miss to connect them in schematic/board.

Klaus

circuit.pngwith pickit 2.jpgwithout pickit2.jpg

this is my circuit to connect PIC16F877A 40PIN DIP controller to PICKIT2.When the connector between the controller and PICKIT2 is removed means it working fine.But when the connect are made between the controller and pickit2 it not working fine.Is it necessary to remove the connection or some other issue with my circuit.Please advice to solve this bug.

Have you checked the setting of MCLR? had same issue recently with pickit2 and i needed to add pull up resistor to run program with ICSP connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.