Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent circuit of a ceiling fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_think

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Equivalent circuit of celling fan.

I am trying to simulate celing fan regulator. For this I need electrical equivalent circuit of fan with values of LR & C. that runs on 230V AC. Can someone please help me ?

Re: Equivalent circuit of celling fan.

I am trying to simulate celing fan regulator. For this I need electrical equivalent circuit of fan with values of LR & C. that runs on 230V AC

To perform a trustworthy simulation of the motor of an AC fan in a transient analysis, you should have to take into account the load (the effect of drag on the helix blades), and the Lorentz effect on the equivalent electric circuit; that is, unless you want a simpler steady state model at its terminal rotational velocity, you can get this information empirically by measuring the power factor and the current load, which can be represented only by a resistive and a series inductive load.

You need to specify the motor type, shade-pole or permanent split capacitor. Useful model attention to detail depends on the intended control method.

You need to specify the motor type, shade-pole or permanent split capacitor. Useful model attention to detail depends on the intended control method.

To perform a trustworthy simulation of the motor of an AC fan in a transient analysis, you should have to take into account the load (the effect of drag on the helix blades), and the Lorentz effect on the equivalent electric circuit; that is, unless you want a simpler steady state model at its terminal rotational velocity, you can get this information empirically by measuring the power factor and the current load, which can be represented only by a resistive and a series inductive load.

Ok, So after thinking a lot on what it should be ,I realized, that would really be overdoing the simulation . My case needs this for getting the values for RC snubber. connected across the fan.

We have now fan motors that are BLDC run from 220VAC via a regulator (they have very good speed control). But most conventional fans are single phase AC induction motor with a capacitor start split winding. The speed regulator is simply a series resistor or sometimes an electronic one. The motor can be modeled as a simple inductor and the load can be modeled as a series resistor. The speed can be considered proportional to the total current but I presume you are interested in the steady state results and not the transient analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back