Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Choosing Micro-controller for elevator control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovepreet

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
My friend and me designing an elevator for local stores/shops .I am using a 3 phase 5 kW AC motor and other mechanical systems for lifting.We are stuck at how to choose mcu for this purpose.I have worked with some avr's as hobby projects but not know if these are reliable to use for production .Please suggest any solution ,which mcu will be suitable .
It will be a simple elevator with floor selecting buttons like others.
thank you.

Presumably you have switches capable of isolating or routing the power to the motor and all you need is an MCU to control those switches.

You can use almost any MCU that has enough pins to control the switches and read any sensors. It is a really trivial task that even the most basic MCUs can handle with ease. Reliability shouldn't be an issue, AVR/PIC/ARM and others are all equally safe.

Brian.

hasan_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As someone who has actually worked on elevators it is most certainly NOT a trivial task-it's not simply turning the motor on and off. Assuming this is carrying passengers you want to get them from A to B quickly without making them nauseous or buckling their knees. There is something called a 'phase-plane control' algorithm that is used for elevators; it's a non-linear control algorithm.

Then there's the safety factor-you don't want people suddenly plummeting to earth because your software got glitched.

But, yes, any decent modern-day micro could do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back