Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] PROBLEM: Connecting dsPICEP512MU814 with PICKIT-3 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

21_nandhakumar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Not connecting dsPIC33EP512MU814 with PICKIT-3. It showing Target Device ID (0x0) is an Invalid Device ID. Please check your connections to the Target Device.
I connected correctly all pins. Please solve this issue.... Please tell the correct procedure to connect dsPIC33EP512MU814 with PICKIT-3...

Please check your connections to the Target Device

It is somewhat disheartening to came accross a question like this, without seeing more details; Does not it seem obvious to you that you should either present the current configuration in the programmer (VCC on the board or self powered on the target) as well as the connections with the target board?

If it helps, I have used a PicKt3 on a dsPIC33EP512MU814 many, *MANY* times and it is not at all hard as long as you follow the instructions (see Sections 2.1 to 2.8 in the data sheet; also the PicKit3 User Guide).
The capacitor on Vcap *must* be there and must be low ESR. Also the bypass capacitors are required and it is my opinion that you should use the circuits own power and no try to power the MCU from the PicKit3.
Susan

Reactions: ljcox

ljcox

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.