Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6N136 spice not working. (Proteus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_think

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate 6N136 using Proteus. I made a symbol and attached spice file. Its currently not giving me an error, but its not working .

I am attaching the spice model I used and other snapshots. Please let me know if anything is missing .

6n136.png

component.png

Note: Dear Admin, I felt this section is correct for posting this query. If this post belongs to other section please let me know.

Attachments

• 6N136.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 116

The model works well in Ltspice using the same test circuit. I guess you didn't connect it correctly in Proteus.

Reactions: I_think

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I_think

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Your attached model does not have the pin 1 which is present in the electrical diagram. Try either removing this pin from the 6N137 part on the SCH library on Proteus, or just adding a dumb pin on the TXT, say, for example adding a pull-up resistor in the megaohm range, just to not interfere with the working of the circuit, such as a leakage current.

The model works well in Ltspice using the same test circuit. I guess you didn't connect it correctly in Proteus.

Thanks for confirming that the spice module works.

- - - Updated - - -

Your attached model does not have the pin 1 which is present in the electrical diagram. Try either removing this pin from the 6N137 part on the SCH library on Proteus, or just adding a dumb pin on the TXT, say, for example adding a pull-up resistor in the megaohm range, just to not interfere with the working of the circuit, such as a leakage current.

Thanks for the reply.

I removed All NC pins. and tried again but the results are same.

Just a guess, is the model good to use with Proteus? I am doing this for the first time.

I can't tell why it's not working in Proteus, I'm not using this tool for analog circuit simulation.

Here's the Ltspice example

Attachments

• 6N136.zip
    848 bytes · Views: 144
I removed All NC pins. and tried again but the results are same.

You don`t need to remove all NC pins, but just the ones which does not have any match in the model. For example, the VB pin you did not connected to anything, but it is present at the TXT model. As far as I remember, the Subcircuit model should have the same sequence that are numbered at the pinout model on Proteus. Just remove the pin 1 from SCH and do not change anything else anywhere.

I can't tell why it's not working in Proteus, I'm not using this tool for analog circuit simulation.

Here's the Ltspice example

Thanks that helped me to get the part simulation done.

- - - Updated - - -

You don`t need to remove all NC pins, but just the ones which does not have any match in the model. For example, the VB pin you did not connected to anything, but it is present at the TXT model. As far as I remember, the Subcircuit model should have the same sequence that are numbered at the pinout model on Proteus. Just remove the pin 1 from SCH and do not change anything else anywhere.

Created completely new part based on only the pins mentioned in the spice. Sorry, but looks like I am doing some basic wrong , which you might be considering as basic.

Last edited:

If you could attach your project file, perhaps someone could have a look to check if there is anything overlooked.

Unfortunately I can not do that. Because of some administrative restrictions. But will still be trying that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back