Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] USB TO TTL CONVERTER interface problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedEC

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

Recently I bought USB TO TTL CONVERTER from eBay.in. Silabs CP2102 IC used in the converter. I have downloaded the VCP (Virtual Com Port) driver and also other Windows driver from Silabs and installed in my PC. I could not able to communicate the uC from PC. When I see on USBDeview, it tells as CP2102 not connected. When I see on UVCView, it tells as "ERROR: no pipes open". There is no VCP created. When I open hyperterminal, it tells as no COM port found. What could be the problem?

images Attached FYR.

Any help?
thank you,
speedEC

Attachments

• USB_TO_SERIAL_PORT_ERROR.JPG
    USB_TO_SERIAL_PORT_ERROR.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DriverFiles_CP2012_WINDOWS_PC.JPG
    DriverFiles_CP2012_WINDOWS_PC.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 148
  • USB_ERROR.JPG
    USB_ERROR.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 158
  • CP2102_NOT_CONNECTED.JPG
    CP2102_NOT_CONNECTED.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 164

open
controlpanel\systemandsecurity\system\devicemanager.

see you have any COM port number included in 'Ports(COM&LPT) section , after you attach your cp2102 device.

for some reasons, whether it is by virus or some other problem, I could not able to see the Device Manager. It always shows empty. But, the USB views also do the same.

thank you,
speedEC

- - - Updated - - -

Dear friends,
I have uninstalled and reinstall using USBDeview. Now I can able to communicate with the uC perfectly.

thank you,
SpeedEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back