Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone notice, all the parts are becoming discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biff44

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Due to many MW chip manufacturers being bought out, then bought out again -- the simpler chips (gain blocks, etc) that are not used in cell phones are all getting discontinued.

In another year or two, it will become very hard indeed to breadboard a quick test circuit, unless you can snag some parts on ebay.

I just went to buy some AH322-S8G amps for a project, and i either had to buy a real of 2500 of them from mouser as a last-time buy (and wait many weeks), OR buy some from China on ebay.

this does not look too good. We consultants...are going to have to change the types of work we do in the future.

There is companies and Gov't agencies that all they do is DMSMS... replacements for end-of-life parts.

Actually there's very little "replacing" and a lot of "scraping"
goes on in the DMSMS world. The last guy to need ten of a
part is also the last guy who can afford to redevelop it.
Even a simple chip is a million dollar development all told.
Amortize that across ten, a hundred, a thousand and it
still makes no sense to anybody but the deep-pockets-
desperate.

So you see a lot of folks sobbing about the weather and a
few folks wanting to sell $1000 umbrellas, and mostly they
all sit there miserable and wet.

i have seen the military obsolescence for decades. What is surprising me is the complete elimination of discrete microwave chips from anyone's inventory. I am usually PRETTY flexible what chips i throw into a breadboard, but when ALL of the potential parts are coming back "not recommended for new designs"...i start to wonder!

For your specific case, have you seen the note on replacement type TQP7M9104 (similar specs, different package) in the data sheet?

For your specific case, have you seen the note on replacement type TQP7M9104 (similar specs, different package) in the data sheet?

Yes i did see that. But for ease of breadboarding, i like to stay away from QFN type parts. The p/n i was looking for had a nice easy to solder SOT flatpack with flying leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back