Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Send data to a FTP server by sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsIUST

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I want to send some data to a ftp server and receive data from it using sim900. I can write string to a specific file in the ftp server, but I don't know how to append data to end of file and also how to insert Enter to the end of each data I send. Each time I send a data it replaces previous data on that file. How can I do this?!

Hi,

show how you do it now.
On both sides: transmitter and receiver side.

Klaus

Hi,

show how you do it now.
On both sides: transmitter and receiver side.

Klaus

I don't have problem with receiver side,but it is with transmitter side. I send data as below:

AT+SAPBR=3,1,"APN","mtnirancel"
OK
AT+SAPBR=1,1
OK

AT+SAPBR=2,1
+SAPBR: 1,1,"100.66.170.64"
OK
AT+FTPCID=1
OK
AT+FTPSERV="ftP.gigfa.com"
OK
AT+FTPUN="MyUsername"
OK
AT+FTPPW="Pass"
OK
AT+FTPPUTNAME="Test.txt"
OK
AT+FTPPUTPATH="/htdocs/"
OK
AT+FTPPUT=1
OK
+FTPPUT:1,1,1300
AT+FTPPUT=2,5
+FTPPUT:2,5
HELLO
OK
AT+FTPPUT=2,0
OK
+FTPPUT:1,0

Now I want that each time I send a data it appends to end of file and also insert Enter at the end of each data.

Regarding append operation, it seems like you didn't yet read AN_SIM900_FTP_HTTP_APP about AT+FTPPUTOPT command.

The other question is how to send control characters like CR. In case of doubt they have to be send in binary mode, but there may an option to use escape sequences, also review the available documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.