Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

P.o.r.n pop-ups when opening a page in the Forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relayer

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,
When ever I open a topic up, I get another page being created by a p.o.r.n site. :shock:
Is this happening with anyone else or is it my PC that may be infected?
Regards,
Relayer

P.S. Sorry for posting this in here, but I didn't know what section to put it in. :???:

Thread moved to section 'About EDABOARD'.

We all might see popup ads from Edaboard sponsors, however your non-electronics related popups are likely to be from a browser redirect or hijacker malware.
Suggestion: Scan your hard disk immediately for infection. Examine your browser's list of add-ons. Remove any that are suspect.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials to scan my computer. It's free from Microsoft's website. Few free download sites can be trusted these days. A 'free' anti-virus software might itself contain a virus.

Are you typing www.edaboard.com at the address bar, or just clicking some icon at the favorite`s bar on the browser? Anyway, an urgent clean in your PC is highly recommended, including the change of the current antivirus by another one.

Thanks for the replies guys...
You are all correct. I had some malware that Malwarebytes didn't pick up initially, but it managed
to pick them all up from a scan.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials to scan my computer.

Thanks for that Brad, I will definitely download it for myself.

Thanks once again guys.
Regards,
Relayer

Edit: It seems that Microsoft Security Essentials is only for older operating systems
such as Win7/Vista and Win8.
According to Micro$oft, Windows Defender does the same using Win10.
I'll have a gig at getting paid AV protection, as my Windows Defender didn't pick it up.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back