Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflection coefficient for non reciprocal RF elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

nauma naseer

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all what is the mathematical relation for calculation of reflection coefficient from S-Parameters of a non reciprocal or active RF circuit element
if some could share some paper regarding its derivation İ will be very great-full
Regards

The question little no sense and the answer doesn't depend on reciprocity. Reflection coefficient is S11, presumed the other ports are terminated with Z0.

The question little no sense and the answer doesn't depend on reciprocity. Reflection coefficient is S11, presumed the other ports are terminated with Z0.

The Reflection coefficient is S11 when Reflection coefficient Γs is taken as 0 if it will not be zero then reflection coefficient will be different and i am looking for the derivation of this formula Γin=S11+(S12S21Γs)/(1-S22Γs)

O.K., you are asking about S11 of cascaded networks. The only special property of non-reciprocal networks is S12 ≠ S21.

I presume the derivation can be found in RF engineering text books, I didn't yet have a need to verify it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back