Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Fed Full Bridge DC-Dc Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

archit6586

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people I am trying to make current fed full bridge DC/DC converter.
Specifications:
input voltage-30V to 45V
Output voltage 350V
Output Current 14A.
I have attached my LT-Spice file
Problems:
1-Simulation is slow
2-ripples in switch voltage.
3-Primary side voltage
Please tell where is the problem. Thanking in anticipation.Link is given below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AilFRgMb9HsrdOeu_y1CyEWe6GMJfWnS/view?usp=sharing

cir.PNG

Attachments

• Current fed full bridge.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

Which different waveform do you expect and why?

Isn't the bridge input and switch node ringing occurring by design?

Yes ringing is there. Also, voltage stress across switches are also high and increasing.

Simulation is slow

Your schematic has diodes near inductors. When I simulate such arrangements, I find it helps if I install high-ohm resistors across each diode. The aim is to maintain a little bit of current, rather than have a diode shutting off due to low voltage, versus the inductor's tendency to turn up voltage in order to keep current flowing. This causes the simulator to alternate between the two conditions, resulting in a series of rapid pulses. By installing resistors in strategic positions, it prevents some problems.

Reactions: d123

d123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Have you calculated your max input currents? how are you dealing with these when all switches go to off? pwm ramp down aka soft stop? switching ~140A is not trivial ...

... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.