Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Totem pole dc to dc converter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundar Rajan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I usually build a dc to dc converter using sg3525 and ferrite transformer on push pull topology.
I have seen a new board which doesn't have any pwm controller, instead of that, it have a small tsop-6 smd chip, i don't what it is, it have marking 1F on it.
It's 1st pin and 4th pin is connected to ground,
It's 2nd and 5th pin is connected to +ve rail via 3.3k resistor, +ve rail is from 15v zeker diode.
3rd and 6th pins are connected to gate via resistor network.
Is that dual npn transistor?
If so how it is capable of driving two MOSFETs arranged in totem pole method.?

Hi,

It's not a dual matched resistor package (to bias the MOSFETS at some voltage) is it? What about a bi-directional TVS or similar? It sounds unlikely to be a dual NPN with those connections. Maybe it's more of a compact high and low side gate drive chip with everything possible on board already but two V+ and two V- make that sound improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.