Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Mentor Grapics PADS Logic and Layout Ref.des numbers got mixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogulcan123

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm using Mentor Graphics PADS VX.1.2.

After a while, I needed to reopen my old project for some upgrades.

When I did an ECO to PCB from the ".sch" file to the ".pcb" file, everything got mixed. I found out that the ref.des.(reference designator) numbers are changed and does not match the original one.

For example the component U9 became U12, and at the ECO to PCB, the U9 compenent is transfered to U11 intedad of real U9 which ruins the project.

I have a suspicion that I might have used the auto renumber tool in PADS Layout ECO toolbar. But it seems like it is not the case considering the numbers.

Are the ref.des numbers the only option to define a part? It seems to me that there should be a serial number for every part that we cannot edit in order for such problem not to occur.

If anyone has any idea how to overcome this problem, I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks,
Ogulcan

- - - Updated - - -

Examining the previous versions, I've found out that some renumbering in PADS Logic might be the reason of this mess. However, I did renumbering many times before and such problem did not happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I got the problem. I figured ou that I opened a wrong file. This is doue to the sleepless nights I guess :)

I'll not delete this post for anyone who will suffer the same problem. If the part are moved diferent palces in the pcb file, do know that you are probably not working with the latest version of your design (wrong file)

SO, THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED; FALSE ALARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back