Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between small signal and large signal in the mixer? and in OPamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjj

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between small signal and large signal in mixer? and in OPamp?

What is the difference between small signal and large signal in mixer? and in OPamp?

Usually, we use small signal to analyse OP amp,the reason for which, I think,is because that the small signal don't exist but just be used for analyse and simulation.

Then,when we analyse the RF cell,just like mixer,small signal means the amplitude of signal is small, and large signal means amplitude large.

So,am I right?:smile:

Thank you very much for solving my confusion.

Re: What is the difference between small signal and large signal in mixer? and in OPa

The signal will be considered small if it stays within the linear region. For an opamp, this means that the output is linearly proportional to the input.

Most common analog devices work in the linear region (small signal range) but most digital devices work in the large signal mode.

because that the small signal don't exist but just be used for analyse and simulation
- nothing can be further from the truth...

Reactions: wjj

wjj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back