Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Remote control to set Ringtones for Door Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prashantakerkar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to design a Remote control for Door Bell to set different ring tones?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Re: Remote control to set Ringtones for Door Bell

Yes, it's possible. Do you have a more specific question?

Thanks.

I want to set different ring tones for my Door bell through a remote control device.

Any visitor when ringed the door bell will get a different tone and so me to hear.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

If I understand:

you have one door bell
different visitors trigger different tones when they operate it

So where does the remote control fit in? Do the visitors have a remote control each? I'm not sure how it knows which visitor has arrived.

Brian.

Thanks.

I will set the ringtone for my door bell using remote control device. Any visitor who comes to my house will get a ring tone as per I have set.

The Remote control for the door bell will allow me to set ring tone as per my requirement similar to synthesized musical instrument.

Is it possible ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Certainly possible.
You need to go deeper into a specification though. Does your doorbell already have different stored tones and all you have to do is decide which one is selected or do you have to generate the tones yourself.

There are already many 'jingle generator' tone devices on the market that have inputs you connect to ground/supply to select the tone you want. If you use one of those all you have to do is make your remote control produce the appropriate high/low signals to drive the generator. You can use devices like the Holtek HT12 to do that.

If you want to be able to produce your own tones, sending the sequence itself to the doorbell it gets a bit more complicated because you have to send and store the sequence in the doorbell circuit. You will need an MCU to do that. If you have WiFi, something like an ESP8266 can do it and be programmed using an network connected device. If you want to do it without a network connection, a small PIC would be an obvious solution. You would need to think about how the tones were entered and how the remote link works as well though.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back