Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explorer 8 development board MCP2221 jumper connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilfred

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm working RS232 protocol in explorer 8 development board, but still i haven't get a result. Initially I thought that MCP2221 is a driver for UART protocol, now i found that it's just a convertor which is capable of converting USB to UART/I2C, Am i correct in this point?

Next I need some clarifications in jumper pins. As mentioned in user guide i've connected the jumpers between J53-J55 and J54-J56. I seen that USB 2.0 is used for this experiment, so used 9V adapter and connected the jumper between BRD-5V in J2. Is this a correct way?

Then i cross connected the TX-RX pins of DB9 connector and PIC16F1719 IC, but still i get some garbage value in hyperterminal and also i've checked the baudrate for my program and terminal.
The code is attached below, please refer that

View attachment uart877A.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.