Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ahdlLib doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darylpan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I get the ahdlLib from another thread and edit the cds.lib to import this library.But when it got to simulation(i only used the "opamp" in ahdllib and some vdc gnd etc..) i got an error below:

ERROR: Netlister: unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list: "spectre cmos_sch cmos.sch schematic veriloga ahdl" for instance I11 in cell t1.Either add one of these views to: Library: ahdlLib Cell: opamp or modify the view list to contain an existing view.

Can anyone tell me why and how to solve this?Thank you very much.

Check the opamp cell, it seems it has got only a symbol view. Do you have any other views for this cell?

Dear frankrose
Yes,you are right.There is only a symbol view.Is it the problem of the library?Or i should do some work before i use it.Thank you for your help.

The library should have both symbol and veriloga views.

The Cadence ahdllib comes with the software. Whether
the one you found, is that, is a question.

Dear dick_freebird
I copied the software from the lab of my school.There is no ahdlLib.I download this one from another Thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?309184-can-anyone-send-me-ahdlLib-library
Also i tried to find the library from the website of Cadence but the website just give me a bundle of its product not the ahdllib file.Would you mind send me one or show me where to download,please.Thank you very much.

In that other thread's tarball I see veriloga views. What
I do not see is the verilog.va files I would expect - the
actual AHDL code.

What should i do to make this ideal opamp work.Should i use the “Model Editor"of cadence to create some file and put it in the veriloga folder?Thank you for you reply.

Did you check the library of the opamp? If you click on the symbol with right mouse button go to 'show properties', and the 'readpath' row shows its place where it is. There should be a veriloga directory next to the symbol's directory with a netlist.oa file which contains the model description.

veriloga.pngopamp.pnghere's the screenshot

I don't know why it is missing, sorry. And my fault actually that a verilog.va file should contain the model, not the netlist.oa, but both are missing at you.

Do you have this missing file or the library?or can you teach me how to make the .va file,please.Thank you.

Start off with copying or creating an appropriate symbol
in Cadence.

Copy the opamp/symbol to opamp/veriloga in UNIX and
refresh the file manager.

Open the veriloga view, there should also spawn a text
editor window with an empty verilog.va file opened.

Paste in your opamp veriloga code, true up the pin order
and naming etc. and deal with whatever passed-in variables
have to come from instance properties (these have to be
put in the symbol and veriloga views).

There are many repositories of veriloga "chunks", I like
designersguide.org

You may want to go in reverse, get the veriloga code
and hand-build the symbol and properties list from that.
As opposed to making a symbol that looks good by
itself, but then needs re-editing to match the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back